SOSNA Office Hours
1901 Christian Street
for an appointment.
3rd Wednesday of every month at the SOSNA office, 1901 Christian Street (unless otherwise noted). Check the calendar for more details on specific meeting topics and location.
To present before the committee: Please fill out the Zoning Variance Meeting Presentation Request Form and submit all required documention no later than 13 days prior to the scheduled meeting. Review our guidelines here.
Members of the public are invited and encouraged to attend these meetings. There is an opportunity to ask questions and share your comments.
SOSNA is the Coordinating RCO for the neighborhood. Applicants MUST inform other RCOs in the neighborhood, including the North of Washington Avenue Coalition (NOWAC), of plans to meet with SOSNA.
Mission of SOSNA's Zoning Committee
The SOSNA Zoning Committee was established by the SOSNA Board of Directors to provide a public forum for input on zoning issues within the SOSNA area. The Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment (ZBA) typically seeks input from neighborhood associations like SOSNA for comment on requests for zoning variances. The SOSNA Zoning Committee looks to you. We hold puhblic meetings to discuss all applications for zoning variances within the SOSNA boundary area.
Zoning Committee Members
- Marcus Ferreira
- Pierce Keating
- Jon Adler, Committee Co-Chair*
- Lauren Vidas, Committee Co-Chair
- Murray Spencer*
- Jamie Wrenn
- Evy Cruz*
- Ann Hoskins-Brown, alternate
* indicates that this person is also a member of the SOSNA board
- City of Philadelphia Zoning Overlays. Enter an address to see its zoning designation.
- Zoning Matters. The official site of Zoning Code Commission includes useful info on zoning classifications and links to surveys to help citizens provide input into the zoning code revision process.
How to know when a project is scheduled to appear before the ZBA
- An orange 11" x 17" poster on their property 42 days prior to their hearing. Check the poster for the date, time and calendar number of the project.
- Check our website for a list of up upcoming hearings.
- Call or stop by during office hours to find out the date and time of the hearing.
Appearing Before the ZBA
All ZBA meetings take place at 1515 Arch Street, 18th floor and are usually held on Tuesdays at 9:30am, and Wednesdays at 2:00pm and 5:00pm. ZBA meetings can last anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours. It is important and critical that if you are interested and affected by any zoning matter, you attend the ZBA hearing and fill out a white appearance form at the meeting. This will allow you the legal right to appeal the ZBA's decision to the Court of Common Pleas or higher.