SOSNA Office Hours
1901 Christian Street
for an appointment.
Southwest Center City has many opportunities for those who wish to help make our neighborhood even better. There are volunteer opportunities with SOSNA and others with the many wonderful institutions around the neighborhood.
SOSNA Volunteer Opportunities
Join a SOSNA Committee. SOSNA has four active committees that hold open public meetings. These committees develop and implement initiatives on an ongoing basis Only the Zoning Committee is appointed by the SOSNA Board of Directors..
Check the SOSNA Events Calendar for meeting dates and times.
Join the SOSNA Board of Directors. Few better opportunities exist for neighbors to provide leadership in the neighborhood than as a member of the SOSNA Board. The SOSNA Board is made up of 15 neighbors who are elected by their fellow neighbors. Each year five seats come up for election. Nominations take place in September and elections in October. Board members can serve a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms.
Educational Volunteer Opportunities
Chester A. Arthur Elementary School (20th and Catharine Streets) - (215) 875-5774
- Join the Friends of Chester Arthur - A small group of Southwest Center City residents, parents and community members, that would like to help our local school, Chester A. Arthur, it's staff, teachers and students realize their full potential.
- Edwin M. Stanton Elementary School (17th and Christian Streets) - 215-875-3185
- Universal Institute Charter School (15th and Catharine Streets) - 215-732-2876
- Mighty Writers (15th and Christian Streets) - 267-239-0899
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- St. Charles Senior Community Center (1941 Christian Street) - 215-790-9530
- Christian Street Y.M.C.A (1718 Christian Street) - 215-735-5800
Citywide Volunteer Opporunities
- Mayor's Office of Community Service and Volunteerism (112 City Hall) - 215-686-0317
- Graduation Coach Campaign - 215-686-2176
More Opportunities: Please call 215-732-8446 if you know of other volunteer opportunities in the neighborhood and they can be added to this list!