Donate at least $150 and receive a monogrammed brick installed in Catharine Park (example at left)! Donate $1000 and get your name, or that of your business or cause on a wall plaque. Special thanks to CAVA Building Supply for the bricks and for coordinating the monogramming. HOW TO DONATE
- Pruning the existing trees inside the lot for the betterment of their own health, to bring in more natural light to the lot, to improve safety and visibility, and to diminish the liability to the adjacent property. COMPLETED MAY 2010.
- Planting a new street tree on the 22nd Street side of the property. COMPLETED MAY 2010.
- Demolishing the existing concrete slabs inside, the concrete sidewalk surrounding the park, and the chain-link fence and curb.
- Repaving 400 SF inside the park and adjacent sidewalk with reclaimed brick and permeable pavers.
- Replanting shrubbery and perennials in three planting areas inside the park.
- Installing new wood benches made from old joists from demolished row homes.
- Erecting a low cast-iron fence around portions of the planting area using a locally-based metalworker and artisan, maintaining wide entry/exit berths at three locations.
- Lighting the park with new wall-mounted lights to improve safety and security in the park.
- Programming the park with small children’s play sculptures on a poured rubber surface, attracting families with only the second dedicated play area in the neighborhood.
- Use the Pay Pal donation widget at the bottom of this page.
- Or visit the Catharine Park project homepage and use the Pay Pal donation widget there.
- Drop off or mail a check made payable to "SOSNA" or the "South of South Neighborhood Association" to 1901 Christian Street, Philadelphia, PA 19146
- All donors will be acknowledged on the website.
- Anyone who gives over $150 will be emailed a form for the engraved brick. Each brick can accommodate 3 lines of characters, and up to 15 characters per line.
- Bricks will be installed at set intervals once a critical mass of new bricks has been reached.
Additional Sponsorship Options:
- Please contact SOSNA at 215-732-8446 if you are interested in higher level sponsorships.
- You can contribute towards a specific component of the park plan, or offer in-kind support as well.
- High-level sponsors - both monetary or in-kind - will be recognized on a plaque engraved and supplied by CAVA International.
- SOSNA is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit
- A portion or all of your donation may be tax deductible.
- Please consult your tax advisor
- SOSNA will send all donors a thank you and receipt letter affirming your contribution.